Saturday, May 17, 2014

RC10 Worlds car build - part 1

I started building the Worlds Car re-release about a week ago. It was a thoroughly enjoyable build, and everything went together smoothly, for the most part. 

I won't give a blow-by-blow, photo-action account of the build, partly because I really want to highlight a few things, and partly because I don't have pictures...  :-)

No, this isn't a vintage ball differential...it's a brand new unit. 

The Stealth transmission mostly assembled. The gears are a little tight at some points in the revolution, so instead of using the clear lubricant, I put in black grease. This is a tip from a Team Associated employee, posted on RC10talk.com. The transmission should free up a bit as it wears in. 

Assembled
Showing the V2 slipper. 

In the next installment, I'll be starting the front end. Here's a teaser of a couple goodies I'll be using. We'll just say that finely machined aluminum is a little blingy... :-)


Stay tuned for the next update!






No comments:

Post a Comment