Monday, April 28, 2014

Time to get back at it!

This post serves as a bit of a renewal of this blog. I've recently really enjoyed running Lunch Money, and decided to do a couple mild upgrades. I've added Tamiya's mini CVA oil shocks (and probably have to change out the oil for some heavier stuff...and upgrade the springs to some a bit stiffer. 

While I have added the light set to the original van body, I am not super happy with the top-heavy running characteristics.

To fix this, I'll be topping LM with a Parma Lunch Box Lexan body...MUUUUCH lighter, and better for bashing!  

I'll also be adding a Tamiya Sport-Tuned 540 motor, for just a lil more "oomph", and better wheelie-holding power. Another great thing about this motor is that it will work with the stock ESC. 

Finally, I will be addressing the niggly handling by:

- Upgrading the front suspension arms with lower FX10 arms, and some turnbuckles to make a 'poor man's double wishbone' setup. 

- Adding the 3rd/5th shock mod out back to even out the rear axle pivot characteristics and improve rear traction. 

Stay tuned for updates as I complete Lunch Money's latest hop-ups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment